Have a good idea of how to build resilience to climate change in urban areas?
The Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN), in partnership with Thomson Reuters Foundation, is seeking great blogs on urban climate change resilience issues from writers, bloggers and those working on climate change in Asia and based in Asia. The winners are eligible for prizes, and will be to be published on the Thomson Reuters Foundation and ACCCRN Network websites.
The competition theme is “Resilience and the City: An Inclusive Way to Build Urban Climate Change Resilience”. Entries might focus on themes including: climate policy, infrastructure, community-based adaptation, housing and shelter, humanitarian concerns, livelihoods, social and economic issues, gender issues, private sector involvement, health or water and sanitation issues. For ideas on possible topics, please visit the ACCCRN Network website.
ACCCRN Network believes everyone needs to learn about, and adapt to, climate-related risks, and needs to include the poor and marginalized in any adaptive measures. Engaging blogs are one way to share the news and good ideas, so tell us your tale!
Writers are challenged to envision what cities must do to strengthen their capacity in preparation for climate change impacts.
The deadline for submitting entries is 17th June 2016.
How to enter
- Entrants should be registered as an ACCCRN member account. If you haven’t registered, you can do sohere.
- Entries will be accepted from writers, bloggers and those working on climate change resilience issues in Asia and based in Asia.
- Length of the each blog entry: maximum 600 words.
- Entries must be your original, previously unpublished material.
- The article should avoid the use of jargon and acronyms.
- Credit should be given, in a journalistic style (not in footnotes) to any original material from other sources.
- You can enter more than one blog article.
- The attachment must be less than 1 MB. Please include a short biography of yourself (max 100 words) along with the blog(s).
- Login and submit your entries here by 17th June 2016.
The top prize winner, and the public’s choice winner, will receive a trip to an ACCCRN city, where they will learn more about urban climate change resilience.
Finalists will receive additional small prizes from the ACCCRN Network.
Entries will be judged by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, with the winning entry posted on the Thomson Reuters Foundation website and ACCCRN Network’s website.
- Deadline for entries 17 June 2016
- Judging: 21 June – 8 July 2016
- The contest winner will be announced in the mid of July 2016
Further information, send email to: email@example.com.
(Originally posted from ACCCRN.net)